Here are today’s five thing to know about Beer:
- Germany serves beer ice cream in popsicle form. Its alcoholic content is less than that found in “classic” beer.
- In 1962, Iron City beer was the brand used to test-market the concept of tab opening aluminum cans. By 1970, over 90% of all beer cans were self-opening.
- Prohibition, beginning on January 16, 1920, lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, and 32-1/2 minutes, and was rescinded on December 5, 1933, at 3:32 p.m.
- Centuries ago in England, pub visitors used a novel innovation that enabled them to get their beer served quickly. They used mugs with a whistle baked into the rim, the whistle being used to summon the barmaid. It has been suggested this practice gave birth to the phrase “wet your whistle.”
- A beer lover or enthusiast is called a cerevisaphile.
Today’s Food History
- 1840 Luther Crowell…
View original post 70 more words