Here are today’s five thing to know about Hot Dogs:
- It is estimated that over seven billion hot dogs will be eaten by Americans between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- The term “hot dog” is credited to sports cartoonist Tad Dorgan. At a baseball game in New York in 1901, vendors began selling hot dachsund sausages in rolls.
- The most popular condiment for adults is mustard, while children prefer ketchup.
- The first words Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse ever uttered in a cartoon were “hot dogs” in “The Karnival Kid” in 1929.
- The average American is believed to eat approximately 60 hot dogs every year.
Today’s Food History
- 1859 Thomas Nuttall died. An English naturalist and botanist, he collected and studied plants around the Chesapeake Bay area in the U.S.
- 1898 Waldo Lonsbury Semon was born. Semon was an American Inventor who is credited with the invention of Vinyl. Vinyl is…
View original post 67 more words