Here are today’s five things to know about farm animals :
- Pig insulin is used to control diabetes.
- Goats and sheep don’t have teeth on their upper jaw. They have a hard palate that helps them grind their food.
- The chicken are one of the closest living relatives to the T-Rex.
- Geese are faithful, they mate for life, and mourn when their partner dies.
- Cows have a memory of about three years.
Today’s Food History
- 1795 Robert Bakewell died. Bakewell was an agriculturalist who helped revolutionize cattle and sheep breeding in England. He obtained the best animals he could find and then worked with a closed herd, inbreeding only superior animals.
- 1908 The Model T Ford was introduced at a price of $825. Due to efficient mass production, by 1925 the price of a 2 door Model T was only $260.
- 1913 A monument to honor sea gulls was erected in…
View original post 202 more words