Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup
Tip: Tougher herbs, such as rosemary and thyme, can be added prior to cooking, while more tender options, such as basil and parsley, should be stirred in when the arugula is added. (Discard the woody stems for the tougher herbs before serving).
Prep time: 20 minutes
Active cook time: 7-8 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural Release: 10 minutes
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
4 large stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, sliced
1 medium red onion, chopped
¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
6 c. chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
2 whole bay leaves
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
2 c. fresh arugula
2 T. fresh lime juice
Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved or grated
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and the vegetables start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in fresh arugula and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!