When she pulled into the driveway she noticed the door open. She wasn’t scared until she saw blood on the handle.
A young woman uses her powers at a party.
From my book 101 Creative Writing Exercises: Find out how to use opinion writing to strengthen your work.
Setting is one of the most vital elements of good fiction. Today’s fiction writing exercises force you think about setting by experimenting with it.
These poetry writing exercises are perfect warm-ups. They focus on language, imagery, and musicality in your writing. Give them a try, even if you’re not a poet
Source: Three Poetry Writing Exercises
In this excerpt from 101 Creative Writing Exercises we look at symbols and symbolism in fiction writing.
Toys come to life and take over the world. The people are put in prison. The army doesn’t have a idea of what to do and soon the people are forced to live underground in bunkers.
A jelous ex boyfriend who tries to destroy her love life.
“Your blog stinks!” That is a line businesses would not want to hear. It has already been established that blogging is an important part of a marketing strategy to establish a brand’s reputation and garner prospective clients. But the big problem is, most blogs are sinking and underperforming.
So how does a business go about salvaging its blog and attracting its target audience?
Here’s a simple “Do and Don’t” list that can turn your single-digit follower to a huge group of loyal readers who drive traffic to your site like crazy:
…Show Some Personality.
Let them know that there is a real person responsible for the blog. Develop your own voice, share your opinions, and inject a little wit into your writing.
…Get Readers’ Attention with Amazing Headlines.
Have netizens clicking on your article by catching their attention with interesting and curiosity-raising titles and headlines.
…Make Your Blog Mobile Friendly.
A huge number of people now access the internet with their mobile phone and tablets. Ensure that your blog can fit any screen size for easier viewing and better user experience.
…Connect with Your Readers by Responding to Comments.
According to Quicksprout, 24% of people come back to a blog if they have a relationship with the blogger. Meaning, he/she responds to comments left on posts.
Real life stories relatable to your content topic can captivate an audience when done right.
…Feature Guest Bloggers/Writers.
Get the attention of other bloggers’ loyal followers with guest blogs or blogger spotlights. This will guarantee a boost in traffic.
…Write for People and Not for Google.
Google loves who people love. Write with value to entertain and educate people; the page rank will follow.
…Do Without a Marketing Strategy.
Writing great content without a clear idea of how to let people know about it is [almost] a waste of time. Establish a clear content marketing strategy before you start typing.
…Provide Outdated, Unoriginal, and Low-Quality Content.
Stop recycling and rewording content from other websites and start crafting content that is uniquely yours. Offer users something new and of value.
…Forget About How Your Readers Can Connect and Share.
Place your social share buttons somewhere your guests can easily see them. Make sure you have—at bare minimum—all the basic sites, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
…Make Your Call to Action Invisible.
Let your audience be involved and prompt them to take action by adding clear and visible call to actions. Like the share buttons, make sure it’s easily noticeable.
…Create Boring Introductions for Your Posts.
Make your readers want more with a strong introduction that will cause them to read on and finish your content.
…Be Inconsistent on Posting Schedules.
Unless you want to kill your blog’s audience, produce content regularly and consistently.
There are numerous articles out there that teaches anyone who wants to learn how to write a blog post. But the challenge starts once you want to make more out of blogging. So follow the dos and don’ts we’ve provided and you’ll be on your merry way to “Conversion-ville”.
Sources: Boost Blog Traffic, Huff Post Business, Red Website Design
Books don’t showcase themselves, nor do operators and distributors do all the work for you in the event that you’ve gone that course. What’s more, in case you’re an independently published creator, that implies most or the majority of the weight of showcasing falls upon your shoulders.
This article discusses techniques you can use to advance your book. One thing I need to call attention to is that it’s hard to figure out which systems pay off even after you’ve made them. Some of the time book deals can happen as a consequence of a blend of two or more diverse strategies, and even sometime later, you may not know which techniques assumed a part.
The majority of these methodologies are free, aside from your time, so I say, attempt the greatest number of them as you can.
It is fitting to have an advertising arrangement before you begin, regardless of the possibility that it’s a basic arrangement that develops after some time. Consider the accompanying components:
• Set objectives for yourself – build up a number for the quantity of books you need to offer, profit, number of books composed, number of writer meetings you do, number of visitor sites you take an interest in, Amazon positioning, number of hits on your site, number of Facebook “preferences,” number of articles you compose, and number of positive audits you get.
• Know your intended interest group. What age are your potential perusers? What sex? Is it accurate to say that they are liable to be from a particular geographic area? Do they have unique hobbies?
• Know your opposition. Discover books like yours and read their surveys. See what others like about their books. Look at the creator’s Amazon creator page, their site, and their web journal. See where their books are evaluated. Learn all that you can about your opposition. Gain from their victories and their disappointments.
• Prepare a financial plan. There are heaps of free assets out there, yet it is impossible you will have the capacity to distribute a book at no expense at all. Consider these potential expenses:
o Cover outline
• Think about your image as you follow up on your advertising arrangement. For creators, your image is your name. Consider what you need individuals to say in regards to you, and after that carry on as needs be. Be steady inside of your site, online journal, creator profile, on-line exchange gatherings, and meetings. As Warren Buffet once said, “It takes a quarter century construct a notoriety and five minutes to destroy it.”
• And at long last, track the outcomes and amend you’re promoting arrangement as required.
Continuously have a media pack accessible to send to the media when requested that or hand out at book signings, talking engagements, gatherings, and whatever other spot where there is potential for self-advancement. At any rate, incorporate the accompanying:
• Book synopsis
• Press discharge
• Select book audits
• Author bio and headshot
• Image of book spread
• Where to purchase the book
• Author contact data
Make A GOOD PRODUCT
I practically waver to incorporate this on the rundown, yet more than once I have been requested that survey a kindred writer’s original copy or distributed book, and it disregards each written work guideline on the books and/or it contains grammatical errors. In any event, I suggest putting resources into an expert editor.
It is key for creators to have a site, and for those of you who have never made one, or think you don’t have the right stuff to make one, reconsider. It isn’t so much that hard. I utilized Yahoo Site Solution to make mine, however there are various others accessible. Simply Google “free site plan” and you’ll see huge amounts of site outline apparatuses for nothing. On the off chance that you genuinely can’t deal with outlining your own particular site, or don’t have room schedule-wise, you can simply employ it done. Be arranged to pay at least $1,000 for an extremely fundamental site.
Before making your site, you’ll need to get yourself an area name. Area enrollment is modest and simple. I utilized Namecheap, however there are numerous others accessible. Most web hosts offer space enrollment too. Placed thought into the name. There are tips for picking a decent area name on the Internet, for example, you’ll find on thesitewizrd.com.
You’ll additionally require a web host with a specific end goal to post your site on the Internet. I utilized Yahoo, yet there are various others. My recommendation is to discover one that offers day in and day out technical support. Some are superior to anything others.
Things to incorporate on your site are:
• A “Home” page that invites individuals to your site and gives them a review of what’s inside
• Your bio, including a photograph of yourself
• Your contact data
• An abstract of your book and front of your book if distributed
• Links to different destinations you think may be on enthusiasm to your group of onlookers
• Some kind of “freebie” whether an example of your work, composing guidance, sharing your mastery, connections to related destinations, and so on.
• Where to purchase your book
• The right watchwords in the page titles, labels, and substance of your page
Advance your site as regularly as possible. Incorporate the URL on your business cards and stationery (in the event that you utilize stationery, and in case you’re under 25, on the off chance that you even comprehend what stationery is). Incorporate the URL as a feature of your bio. Placed it in your email mark piece.